Pat’s practice centers on commercial law, with an emphasis on Small Business Administration (SBA) and government guaranteed and conventional commercial lending. She represents lenders in a variety of SBA 7(a) guaranty and 504 loan issues, including loan eligibility issues, closing, servicing, liquidation and guaranty purchases. Pat is also a designated closing attorney for several Certified Development Companies operating in Idaho and Washington.
Additionally, Pat handles a full range of real estate, financing and contract matters. Pat represents creditors in bankruptcy and other collection and foreclosure matters.
In addition to her wide experience in the private practice of law representing lenders and creditors and handling general business matters, Pat served 11 years as District Counsel for the U.S. Small Business Administration in eastern Washington and northern Idaho and Special Assistant United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Washington, representing the U.S. Small Business Administration. She also has more than 10 years of experience as in-house counsel for a financial group of companies, including investment and life insurance companies and a nationally recognized private sector agricultural lender.
In her free time Pat enjoys sculling and open water rowing races, cycling, running, cross country skiing, and snowshoeing. She also volunteers with Big Brothers Big Sisters and her local greyhound adoption groups where she is a member of the board of directors. Pat and her husband have six well spoiled and loved greyhounds.
PAT’S PRACTICE AREAS
- Washington (#8002)
- Idaho (#8828)
- JD, University of Idaho College of Law, Moscow, Idaho
- Honors: cum laude
- BA, University of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Washington State Bar Association
- Federal Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Idaho State Bar Association
- National Association of Government Guaranteed Lenders (“NAGGL”)
- National Association of Development Companies (“NADCO”)
- Advocates Law Group, PLLC, Spokane, Washington, Partner, 2011-Present
- Witherspoon Kelley, Spokane, Washington, Partner, 2006-2011
- Western United Life Assurance Company and its parent, Metropolitan Mortgage & Securities Co., Inc., Spokane, Washington, Corporate Counsel, 2002-2006
- Northwest Farm Credit Services, ACA, Spokane, Washington, Senior Attorney, 1997-2002
- United States Small Business Administration (SBA), Spokane, Washington, District Counsel and Special Assistant United States Attorney, 1985-1997
National Association of Government Guaranteed Lenders